DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Officer (GLP) and guidance of the Team Leader (GLP), the incumbent provides administrative and secretarial support with responsibilities for specific subjects as assigned:
1. Provide overall administrative support to Team Leader, Medical and Technical Officers, Global Leprosy Programme, covering all WHO Regions for effective programme management, implementation and evaluation.
2. Collect, register and maintain information relating to Global Leprosy Programme activities, day – to – day correspondence and follow – up of activities and communications between all WHO Regions, WHO Representatives (WRs), Headquarters, Ministries of Health, of priority countries, to ensure efficient functioning of the Programme.
3. Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background documents and maintain follow – up systems. Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information.
4. Draft/prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specific non – technical tasks.
5. Compile and maintain online latest updated information list of donors’ profile, NGOs, international experts and leprosy – related WHO Collaborating Centres/Research centres; Follow – up and update the data base for future research activities. Follow up leprosy surveillance activities by collaborating with Regions, countries for data and updated information with regard to drug implementation. Monitor receipt and implementation of donors’ contribution(s), through HQ, for leprosy programme and coordinate supplies and equipment, as required.
6. Provide administrative and logistic support required while arranging travel/official visit for Unit staff. Brief/support the Acting in – charge in the absence of supervisors. Follow – up of visit reports/recommendations for future actions to be taken.
7. Provide assistance in organizing meetings and negotiations between donors, partners, NGOs including global and inter – regional meetings; meetings with the donors and provide logistic and administrative support; Follow – up of the meeting of the reports/recommendations for future action.
8. Perform other related duties as required or as instructed, by supervisors.
Education Experience Skills WHO Competencies
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
RoleExecutive/ Sr Executive – Administration
Industry TypeGovernment, Defence
Functional AreaHR, Recruitment, Administration, IR
Employment TypeFull Time, Permanent
Role CategoryAdministration/Facility Management
UG :Diploma in Mechanical
PG :Post Graduation Not Required
Program AssociateTrainingSupervisorHealth insuranceInchargeGLPAdministration workAjaxTestingLogistics